When it comes to labels and supplies, Zebra printers and barcode scanners are among the most useful pieces of equipment businesses have in their operations. You must have them if your business involves transportation, logistics, retail, engineering, manufacturing, etc. You must learn more about these amazing innovations.
When you’re racing the clock to meet deadlines but your printer doesn’t work as expected, it’s important to get the right repair service for your Zebra printer.
What is a Zebra Printer?
When your business requires tagging, tracking, and printing, you need reliable equipment, such as a Zebra printer. This printer works best in printing shipping labels and other types of receipts. It widely used in the following:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Manufacturing Industries
- Healthcare Firms
- Retail and Hospitality Establishments
- Government Institutions
Types of Zebra Printer
Thermal printers are important in demanding work environments. These pieces of equipment won’t let you down. They can withstand and work efficiently in heat and cold situations. Available printer types include:
- Industrial printer
- Desktop printer
- Mobile printer
- Card printer
- RFID printer
- Kiosk printer
- Print engine
Zebra printers help ensure the following:
- Easy remote management
- Matchless performance
- Fast and efficient processing
- Durable equipment
- Compatible to most inks available in the market
How Barcode Scanners Work
To input the data automatically, it’s ideal to scan the information to minimize work time. The barcode was invented and patented in 1949 by Bernard ‘Bob’ Silver and Joe Woodland. Since then, the wand scanner has been helping many industries.
Types of Barcode Scanner
Today, there are various types of barcode scanners, including the following:
- Image scanner
- Horizontal scanner
- Laser scanner
You normally see these pieces of equipment in grocery stores, airports, and other establishments. The barcode technology (auto-ID technology) is adequately helping healthcare and government facilities.
Why You Need to Use Barcodes in Your Business
- Error-Free Data: When data is manually entered in the system, it takes time and there’s a higher chance of committing errors. That’s why using barcodes is essential to your business because it eliminates the possibility of human error.
- Work Time Reduction: Barcode scanning is fast and reliable. It reduces employee training time. For reading barcodes, it will only take a few minutes to master the equipment.
- Cost-Effective Equipment: Barcode scanners are not expensive. They also give you convenience in customizing the equipment to meet your business needs.
- A Versatile Tool: Most barcode scanners can be integrated into various systems that do data collection. It helps you manage data for pricing, inventory, outgoing shipments, and others quickly and accurately.
- Fast Retrieval of Data: Through scanning the barcode, you can quickly have an idea about the type of the product and the rest of its details. This is very helpful when you’re locating a specific item through tons of products in your warehouse.
- Saving Time and Money: Selling your items is easier because you can quickly enter the data and dispatch the items. By getting the information instantaneously, barcode scanning saves time in determining the type of product and specifications, for example, if the item was returned by the buyer for whatever issue that was noticed after the purchase.
Thermal printers and barcode scanners have become a significant part of global services and play a major role in many industries. Improve your business by having these types of equipment for efficient operations and faster growth.