If you aren’t happy with your smile, you aren’t alone. According to a national survey, almost half of the UK population feels the same way. Cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted through a variety of dental treatments. With advances in dental technologies, your cosmetic treatment will enhance your appearance while retaining a natural look.
Many dental practices in London now offer cosmetic dentistry. One such practice is Harley Street Dental Clinic, where a cosmetic dentist is on hand to tailor a treatment package that meets your particular needs.
Your options for cosmetic dentistry in Harley Street
The most appropriate treatment for you will depend on several factors, including your dental health, the current appearance of your teeth and your expectations. At your initial consultation you will receive a thorough examination of your teeth. You will also have the chance to discuss exactly what you hope to achieve with cosmetic dentistry. Factoring in cost and convenience, your cosmetic dentist will then put together a treatment plan that may include any of the following options:
- Teeth whitening, this temporary but effective treatment removes certain stains from your teeth and reduces discolouration. This is achieved using a clinically safe bleaching agent;
- White fillings, metal-coloured fillings can be replaced with this more natural looking alternative;
- Dental veneers, thin shells made from porcelain, ceramic or a composite material can be attached to the fronts of your teeth. Customised according to size, shape and colour, they can transform the appearance of stained, chipped or misshapen teeth;
- Gum lifts, by shaping your gum line around your teeth you can get rid of a gummy smile, which can make your teeth appear short and stubby;
- Dental implants and dentures, both of these treatments can effectively reconstruct missing teeth, plugging the gaps in your smile as well as restoring function to your teeth.
You may need one or several of these treatments to achieve the look you desire. In either case a mock-up of your smile can be created to show you what it will look like at the end of your treatment journey. You can take the first step towards a healthier smile by seeing a cosmetic dentist in London.