Using additional resources in a mathematics class enhances the teaching-learning process and can make learning fun. Interesting and easy-to-understand lessons ensures long-term retention of certain concepts. It also helps students appreciate the importance of learning them.
Preparing or developing mathematics teaching resources for every class can be a time-consuming task for a teacher. They need to make sure they can properly explain the equations to the students. While the Internet now offers teachers a wide array of teaching resources, many educational companies also prepare a number of useful resources to help teachers make their classes more effective.
R.I.C. Publications shares some useful teaching resources that can be used in mathematics classes:
• Printable Booklets: These booklets are useful tools that can be used in the mathematics classes to help students grasp complex concepts through various creative activities, puzzles and problems.
• Early Childhood Activities: Exposure to mathematics at a young age can help children gain an interest in the subject and prepare them for future classes.
• Flashcards: These can be used to test the knowledge of the students right after teaching a particular concept.
• Worksheets and Booklets: Preparing equations for the class to solve or to include in test papers could be a time-consuming task. These materials can help teachers save time.
• Placemats: These are also useful when teachers are teaching certain concepts to younger students.
• Websites: Many websites have useful resources that can be adapted and implemented in the mathematics classrooms as well.
Since mathematics is a subject that many students have an aversion to, using interesting teaching resources in the classroom helps engage students better. Many institutions are now using commercially produced primary teaching resources to make the task easier yet more effective. Any teaching resource to be used in the classroom can be adapted to meet the various requirements of the students, as well as their current level.